Realised weather during the week 05-08-2018 to 11-08-2018.
The Formation of Low
- On 05-08-2018, a cyclonic circulation over Bangladesh and adjoining West Bengal up to 3.1 km above mean sea level became low pressure area over the same place and further became depression on 07-08-2018 crossed to land area from north of Balasore districts.
- On 08th August, after crossing Balasore it reached north Chhattisgarh and east Madhya Pradesh.
- On 10th August, it became less marked.
Rainfall Activity due to the movement of Low:
- This system gave good rain over interior Odisha, Chhattisgarh, northern part of Madhya Pradesh and southern part of central Uttar Pradesh.
- Rainfall is also received by east Rajasthan and south east Rajasthan because of cyclonic circulation over south East Rajasthan.
- Uttarakhand and west UP also got rain. Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh got heavy rain. Maharashtra and Gujarat were not benefitted with monsoon rain during the week.
- Circulation near Lakshdweep gave heavy rain to northern part of Kerala.
Forecast for the week 12-08-2018 to 18-08-2018:
A cyclonic circulation is lying over south Odisha and north AP coast.
A low pressure is likely to form over North West Bay of Bengal around 13th of August. Due to this interior Odisha, Chhattisgarh, Madhya Pradesh and Uttar Pradesh will get good rain.
In Maharashtra, Vidarbha area will get good rain during the week. Marathwada area will get moderate rain on 17th August only. Konkan – Goa will continue to get passing showers during the week.
This week is important for Gujarat state. From 16th to 18th a circulation is reaching Gujarat. This circulation may give rain to Gujarat region, Saurashtra and Kutch. Though the circulation is not so strong but after reaching to Gujarat it may take the moisture from Arabian sea.
Position of Monsoon Trough & Rainfall Activity
Monsoon trough is shifted to north ward. Its western part will remain at the north side of its normal position. However its eastern part may be pulled south ward due to low pressure area forming around 13th of August. Western part will continue to give rain to Punjab, Haryana, Uttarakhand, HP and west UP. Eastern part will be more active and will give rain to Odisha, Chhattisgarh, East UP, Jharkhand and Telangana.